In connection with your transaction, Quirk Pre-Owned may acquire information about you as described in this notice, which we handle as stated in this notice.
We may collect personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, date of birth, etc This personal information is collected and used by Quirk Pre-Owned staff for the purpose of facilitating a relationship or business transaction.
Our website resides behind a firewall and uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, the industry-standard security protocol used to communicate with browsers) to transmit personal information. Data is strongly encrypted during transmission to ensure that personal and payment information is secure. Industry-standard data encryption techniques are used to protect personal information on our servers. SSL-capable browsers typically have a symbol on the browser window to indicate when they are in a secure mode. In addition, the URL will begin with "https:" for all browsers.
Quirk Pre-Owned does not sell, rent or disclose e-mail addresses to other organizations.
In connection with your transaction, whether online or at our dealership, Quirk Pre-Owned may acquire information about you as described in this policy, which Quirk Pre-Owned handles as stated in this policy. Quirk Pre-Owned may collect personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, social security number, date of birth, etc. While Quirk Pre-Owned makes reasonable efforts to secure all data submitted via this website, Quirk Pre-Owned cannot guarantee security of personal information, and all information submitted via this website is at your own risk.
By visiting this website and/or agreeing to share your location with Quirk Pre-Owned, Quirk Pre-Owned may acquire non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your geographic location, internet service provider, internet browser, IP address, search engine or referral source you used to access this website, and browsing preferences. By using this website, you acknowledge and agree Quirk Pre-Owned may use this anonymized information to improve the experience of our customers and visitors to this website.
Quirk Pre-Owned's website resides behind a firewall and uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, the industry-standard security protocol used to communicate with browsers) to transmit personal information. Data is strongly encrypted during transmission to ensure that personal and payment information is secure. Industry-standard data encryption techniques are used to protect personal information on our servers. SSL-capable browsers typically have a symbol on the browser window to indicate when they are in a secure mode. In addition, the URL will begin with "https:" for all browsers.
Quirk Pre-Owned only shares your information with our affiliates or business partners, and such disclosure is made only in connection with our regular business practices. Quirk Pre-Owned does not sell, rent, or disclose email addresses to any other organizations.
If you have any questions about this policy or Quirk Pre-Owned's privacy practices, please contact Quirk Pre-Owned.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of customers’ personal information with third-parties. These businesses are required to accept such requests from customers but are only required to honor one request per calendar year. Businesses have thirty (30) days to respond to each inquiry. Each inquiring customer will receive an explanation of the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of the third-party businesses. In limited circumstances, customers’ failure to submit requests in the manner specified will not require a response from the business.
If you are a current Quirk customer in California, you may request such information from Quirk by sending a written correspondence noting your name, address, and email address. You must also include a request that Quirk provide such information to you using the following or similar verbiage. “I request that Quirk provide its third-party information sharing disclosures required by section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code.” This request may be made by regular mail by sending the above information to Quirk Auto Dealers 444 Quincy, MA, 02184 ATTENTION: Legal Department.
If you are a California resident, as of January 1, 2020, you have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
· You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
· You have the right to request information about our disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
· You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. However, please note that California law permits us to retain certain categories of personal information for numerous purposes, including to complete a transaction, to perform a contract between you and one of our dealerships, and to comply with legal obligations such as record retention requirements.
· You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Making Requests and Exercising Your CCPA Rights
You or your authorized agent can make requests and exercise the CCPA rights listed above by visiting our CCPA Online Request Portal or calling us at .
You may use an authorized agent to submit CCPA requests on your behalf by providing us with either (i) a document signed by both you and the agent that clearly gives the agent the authority to act on your behalf, or (ii) a valid power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
We collect the following categories of information from and about you:
· Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number.
· Information regarding your lease or finance terms and monthly payment amounts, that we may obtain from third-party sources.
· Information regarding the mileage on your vehicle, which is collected when you bring your vehicle to our dealership’s service department, or that we may obtain from third-party sources.
· Geolocation information.
· Online identifiers, such as username and IP address.
· Usage information, such as how you and your device interact with our website (e.g., the pages you visit or the search terms you enter).
· Other information, such as your car preferences, or information regarding your potential trade-in vehicle, that you provide or that we may obtain from third-party sources.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
· To provide our Services.
· To send you marketing communications.
· To respond to your requests and inquiries.
· To improve user experiences by making our website easier to use and navigate.
· For other legitimate business purposes.
If you would like to see your personal information collected, delete your personal information from our records, opt out of the sale of your personal information or have any questions concerning your personal information please fill out the form on our CCPA page and one of our representatives will reach out to you.